Skills for Midwifery Practice: With Pageburst Online Access (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
This title is now available under ISBN 9780702052330.
This highly acclaimed step-by-step guide provides the relevant physiology, available evidence and rationale for each clinical skill. In a highly readable format, 'Skills for Midwifery Practice' offers self-assessment and short summaries, as well as detailed instruction on achieving a range of clinical skills.
Tells you everything you need to know about:
Assessment of maternal and neonatal vital signs
Intrapartum and other related childbearing skills
Assessment of the baby
Phlebotomy and intravenous therapy
Moving and handling
Restricted mobility management
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for the woman and baby
- An essential midwifery textbook that covers the fundamental practical tasks required of the student
- Clear layout ensures easy access to information
- Highly illustrated to aid understanding
- Designed to improve competency when delivering basic skills
- Expanded chapter on the skills used during the first stage of labour
Application of national guideline for the management of care
Discussion of the use of infrared touch/non-touch thermometry techniques
Specific information on locating pulse sites
More on SATS monitoring
Increased information on the skills for the second stage of labour, infant feeding and daily examination of the baby
Greater reference to infection control protocols and the reduction of hospital-acquired infections.