Nutrition Counseling and Education Skills for Dietetics Professionals (Paperback)
The text incorporates the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) and model, including four steps of nutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis using PES statement (Problem, Etiology and Signs/Symptoms), nutrition intervention, and nutrition monitoring and evaluation. The PES statements are the most critical in that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has been stressing this as an essential component of their standards and requirements.
The text uses activities, case studies, self assessment questions, web references and graphics to engage the student and drive the content home.
· Judith A Beto, PhD, RD, FADA is the lead author.
· The Appendices contain the standardized language for the Nutrition Care Process from the International Dietetics & Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual.
· There is one case study per chapter with others available on thePoint.
· Motivation is integrated into appropriate chapters rather than a separate chapter.
· The cultural and life cycle chapters are expanded based on market feedback.
· Chapter content and references are updated.
Chapter 1Guides for Nutrition and Dietetics Practice
Chapter 4Person-Centered Counseling
Chapter 5Stages and Processes of Health Behavior Change
Chapter 6Counseling for Behavior Modification
Chapter 7Counseling for Cognitive Change
Chapter 8Counseling Through the Life-Span
Chapter 9Communication and Cultural Diversity
Chapter 10 Principles and Theories of Learning
Chapter 11 Planning Learning
Chapter 12 Implementing and Evaluating Learning
Chapter 13 Group Facilitation and Dynamics
Chapter 14 Effective Oral Presentations
Chapter 15 Using Instructional Media
Appendix A: Nutrition Assessment and Monitoring and Evaluation Terminology
Appendix B: Nutrition Diagnostic Terminology
Appendix C: Nutrition Intervention Terminology