Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month, 2nd Edition: Everything You Need to Know at Each State to Ensure Your Cute and Playful Puppy (Your Puppy Month by Month) (Paperback)
Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month, Second Edition, provides readers with everything they need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure their playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. Expert authors Liz Palika, vet Deb Eldredge, and breeder Joanne Olivier team up to cover all the questions new owners tend to have, and many they don’t think to ask, including:
• What to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home.
• Which vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them.
• How to make potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
• What do to when your puppy cries at night.
• Why and how to crate train your puppy.
• When socialization should happen and how to make sure it does.
• When your puppy is ready to learn basic commands—like Sit, Stay, and Come—and the best way to teach them.
• When and how to go about leash training.
• How much exercise your puppy needs to stay physically and mentally healthy.
• What, how much, and when to feed your puppy to give him the nutrition he needs without the extra weight he doesn’t.
• When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
• How and how often to bath your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
• How to know what requires a trip to the vet and what doesn’t.
• What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.