Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the It Takes Two series.
- #2: Two Cool for School (It Takes Two #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Double or Nothing (It Takes Two #3) (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Go! Fight! Twin! (It Takes Two #4) (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Even the Score (It Takes Two #5) (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Two Steps Back (It Takes Two #6) (Paperback): $6.99
- #7: May the Best Twin Win (It Takes Two #7) (Paperback): $6.99
- #8: Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? (It Takes Two #8) (Paperback): $6.99
- #9: A Lot to Tackle (It Takes Two #9) (Paperback): $6.99
- #10: 'Tis the Off-Season (It Takes Two #10) (Paperback): $6.99
- #11: Twice the Talent (It Takes Two #11) (Paperback): $6.99
- #12: Split Decision (It Takes Two #12) (Paperback): Call for price: 508-548-5548
Middle school gets multiplied in this new series about twins Alex and Ava, whose father is the coach of a small-town Texas football team!
When twelve-year-old twins Alex and Ava Sackett move from the East Coast to Texas so their dad can coach an elite high school football team, they have to get used to not only a whole new school and town, but also the fame that comes with being football’s first family. They’ve got a plan to make it through: stick together!
Because even though Alex and Ava are total opposites, they’ve always stuck together. But then Ava cuts her hair short, and Alex fears that Ava wants a new town to mean a new start—as an individual. At the same time, Alex’s concern has Ava wondering if she’s no longer cool enough for her twin. Are Alex and Ava still the same dynamic duo they’ve always been, or are they headed down different paths?
About the Author
Belle Payton isn’t a twin herself, but she does have twin brothers! She spent much of her childhood in the bleachers reading—er, cheering them on—at their football games. Though she left the South long ago to become a children’s book editor in New York City, Belle still drinks approximately a gallon of sweet tea a week and loves treating her friends to her famous homemade mac-and-cheese. Belle is the author of many books for children and tweens, and is currently having a blast writing two sides to each It Takes Two story.
"The twin device is effectively deployed as each girl seeks to understand herself independently, in relation to her twin, and in the context of her new town; there's also appeal in the plot's sitcom elements of overheard conversations, secret observations, and all the uncertainty that comes with being a new place."
— The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books