Thursday, July 26th
If you love kids like:
1. Anatastia Krupnik
2. Ramona Quimby
3. The Penderwicks
then you will love Annie For Annie, lists are how she keeps her whole life in order. And there is a lot to keep track of.
Annie's a shy fifth grader with an incredible memory and a love of making lists. It helps her keep track of things when they can seem a little out of control, like her family, her friends, and her life in a new place.
1. An incredible memory (really, it's almost photographic) that can get her in trouble.
2. A desire to overcome her shyness.
3. A brother who is mad at her because he thinks she is the reason they had to move to Clover Gap, population 8,432.
4. A best friend who she is (almost) certain will always be her best friend.
5. New classmates, some of whom are nicer than others.
6. A rocky start finding her place in her new home.
Annie's Life in Lists introduces a sweet new voice that finds that even amid the chaos of everyday life, it's important to put things in order.
When: Thursday, July 26th, 4:00 PM
Where: Eight Cousins Bookstore, 189 Main Street, Falmouth MA
About the author: Kristin Mahoney is a former magazine editor and elementary school reading teacher with a master's degree in elementary education and teaching literacy from Bank Street College of Education. Her writing has appeared on the New York Times Learning Network Blog, McCall's Magazine, and the SCBWI "Write This" Gallery. Kristin has lived in both Brooklyn and in a small town that resembles Clover Gap. She now lives in New Jersey with her husband and two daughters. Follow her on Twitter at @KMcMahoney.