Eight Cousins is an independent general bookstore in Falmouth, MA, located approximately 90 minutes from Boston and is on the way to Martha’s Vineyard. While we host events year-round, our busiest event season coincides with our summer tourism season, specifically July 4-August 21. If you are interested in doing an event with us, please email email@example.com.
We are 90 minutes from Logan Airport in Boston and 75 minutes from T.F. Green airport in Providence, RI. Falmouth is a ferry port for Martha’s Vineyard, and we are just 7 miles off-shore from the island.
Nearby bookstores include:
- Titcomb’s Bookshop in East Sandwich, MA (25 minute drive)
- Where the Sidewalk Ends in Chatham, MA (50 minute drive)
- Buttonwood Books & Toys (55 minute drive)
Whenever possible, we encourage authors to visit multiple venues.
We are able to seat 30 attendees in our store and have standing room for 75. We also work in collaboration with community partners around Cape Cod. These include:
- Museums on the Green, seats 75 on-site
- John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, boardroom seats 20, community room (Spring 2020) will hold 50 attendees, larger venue available
- Falmouth Public Library, holds 190 attendees
- Falmouth Jewish Congregation
- Encore Book Club
- Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) Forum
- Falmouth Artists Guild
Community partners for children’s events include:
- Morse Pond Middle School, seats 300
- Lawrence Middle School, seats 300
- Falmouth High School, seats 500
- Falmouth Academy, seats 350
- Four local elementary schools
Types of events:
- Story times for ages 2-5
- Middle Grade and Young Adult events
- School visits
- Author talks and signings in-store and in collaboration with the Falmouth Public Library, Museums on the Green, the John F. Kennedy Museum, etc.
- Illustration and book-making workshops
Some authors we have hosted in the past include Chelsea Clinton, James Carroll, Nathaniel Philbrick, Martha Hall Kelly, Renée Watson & Ellen Hagan, Chris Grabenstein (in schools), Donna Lucey, E. Lockhart, Jan Brett, David Levithan, Robert Sabuda, Spencer Quinn, Sarah Dessen, Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Susan Tan, Molly Bang, and more.
- Shoreway Acres (https://www.shorewayacresinn.com/)
- Inn on the Square (https://www.innonthesquare.com/)
- Coonamessett Inn (https://www.thecoonamessett.com/)
- B&B options (https://www.falmouthbedandbreakfastassociation.org/)
- Falmouth Enterprise (https://www.capenews.net/)
- Cape Cod Wave (https://capecodwave.com/)
- Cape Cod Times (https://www.capecodtimes.com/
- WCAI The Point with Mindy Todd (https://www.capeandislands.org/#stream/0)
A full list of our media contacts is available upon request.
Peter Pan Bus Boston/Logan to Falmouth
Local transport available
Main Street boasts a variety of cuisine including Greek, Indian, Italian, Thai, seafood, organic, as well as a French bakery and an Irish pub.
Are you a self-published author? Our events process may vary from the information on this page. Please go to our Self-Published Authors page to begin learning how we can help support events for your publication! https://www.eightcousins.com/self-published-authors